Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Blog!!

Woohoo!

We are so excited about the many new aspects of Ladies Ministry at Lee Park.  This blog being one:).   I am right now at work with Chris( take your wife to work day:) working on our relationship series "Heirs Together" .  It will start with AWANA, youth and all the LINKS groups starting back for Fall on..Wednesday night..September 7th!!!

Back to: "working on our relationship series"...
Here is pretty much how it goes ...we agree..then disagree...I am reading girly marriage books to prepare...Chris will not be(he is working on his sermon).......I make me a cup of coffee...He smiles and I hand  mine to him....I put my feet up on his desk....He gets the comfy chair and I get..deservedly so .....the very uncomfortable Pier 1 chair I bought for his office........I  read things to him aloud.....It would be hard to find something that gets on his nerves more...........I annoy him to a point...He annoys me to a point........As  a matter of fact ...He just invited me to visit another room to do my work in:).........This behavior is typical " Chris and Becky".......Both strong-willed ...Both add sass to that will......Both sarcastic....Both love to pick and kid.........

The travesty in all this is the days we took ourselves too seriously and put undo pressure on each other to be perfect.  Perfect doesn't exist in marriage.  I let Chris down daily.....Just two days ago I backed out of our garage too quickly ..for the umpteenth time...and shattered our drivers side mirror(the passengers side already is cracked from repeated wall crashes ..just not shattered yet...favor from the Lord, I remind Chris).  What man doesn't want to harm their wife after such things?  Chris just smiled and said over and over "I will not get mad..I will not get mad" ( note to married girls and married girls only..lipgloss and high heels help get this response too)

Come to relationship class(please)....We will together work on the only lasting relationship ....our relationship with the Lord........How sad it would be if i would of kept on looking unto Chris to be only what God can be.......

Chris and I both fiercely love the Lord, MOST!! ....and from that has come the best years of marriage!

Ladies some suggested reading that I have gotten from my friends and loved:
(and maybe you just read it and not suggest that your husband read it:)

-"Creative Counterparts". ..Linda Dillow
- "What's it like to be Married to Me? ...Linda Dillow(dear heavens...not easy reading but an excellent book)
- "Sacred Marriage" ...Gary Thomas

Becky