Tuesday, August 30, 2011

You mean He actually cares about that???

"God wants me to have fun!"
"I have to know what is on "that show" so the people at work don't think I'm weird"
"Seriously, you want me to do that???"

You are now privy to parts of many conversations, at least my part of them, that I have had with God over the years. The first one was really hard, and I have spared you the awful embarrassment, and me having to relive it. What conversations, you may ask? The ones that started when I began studying God's Word and realized that He had the right to make decisions about my life and I did not. If you are there, you know what I am talking about. If not, you will get there. Every believer has to. To come to the understanding that not only is He your Savior, but He is Lord over everything in your life. It is the wonderful pruning hand of God.....the painful and most freeing thing that happens in our life.

The thing about it is, it is a continual process. I was okay, not really....but I am now, with God telling me to stay away from certain books, or movies, or TV shows. That was good.....but it was not enough. His Word began telling me things I didn't want to hear.....not that it suddenly showed up in the Bible, but I was actually reading it.

God paid a price for me......the death of His Son on the cross. Paid in full. I belong to Him. And I am thankful. The Bible says we are a slave to sin, or a slave to Him....but His burden is light. I know the burden of sin, and do not want it. Do we understand what it is to be not a servant, not a bond-servant, but a slave.

This has been what I have been learning in the past couple of years. I was thrilled to find that John MacArthur had written a new book, on just this subject: Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ. I am even more excited that we will begin a Ladies Ministry study through this book on Wednesday, September 7. Please come and join me as we come to understand how abundant and full our lives are meant to be.




"We are slaves that become friends.....friends that become sons....sons that become joint-heirs. Jesus is Lord. I am His slave." John MacArthur


Joyfully His,

Lisa