Monday, October 24, 2011

A Bad Text....Provides an Opening to Share a Good God.....

Hey Everybody!  We appreciate so much the kind words about our Ladies Ministry Blog.  I have enjoyed so much hearing from all our LM teachers and we look forward to sharing more with you.  It has been fun to be a little silly too.  "Christianity is cool and fun:) is how Chris Justice would say it.  

I wanted to share something with you.
   A few months back , I had this young student from NC State text my phone by accident.  He had entered his friends number into his own phone incorrectly ...and the "incorrectly" was my cell phone number.  For a few months he would text things that were obviously not meant for me, or from anyone I knew.  I usually just ignored them.

 In one of his text he used a ...well...ahh...he used a less than word.  Being my "can't resist an opportunity to Mother" self,  I texted back. ... "Hey..I'm not a dude and maybe don't say the "d" word :) and have a great day!".....  Scared as to what kind of response I would get, I was pleasantly surprised to get right back a quick apology text.  He informed me that he was a nice boy and didn't normally talk that way.

  I liked that immediately.  He told me where he was going to school and I told him about being a preacher's wife and a mother of four.  Chris, the kids, all of us immediately started praying for him.  I asked him if he went to church.  He said he didn't now but had before.  He had now decided that church and God were not for him.  He had been through quite a bit of loss in his life and just wasn't sure God cared.  He believed God created everything but that was it.
  
I said a prayer to the Lord...."Thank you, Lord for P...Use us, Lord to lead him to a saving knowledge of You..Help me to be bold for You, Lord.   Help me to show this young man Your love.  Thank you for pursuing, P.  Help him to respond.  Help him to repent and live for you. "

Then, I shared my faith in Christ Jesus.  I told P of the Lord's personal nature.  I told him so many things about the Lord, and I loved it.  I loved expressing a love for a young man I had not met, but being able to act as if I had.  Salvation in Christ Jesus can make us fearless in these situations.  It can give us a real love for the lost.  

I tried not to "freak" the boy out:)....BUT man! ...The Lord was coming after him hard......and my earnestness to remind him of that fact was too.......  How exciting.   Our loving..pursuing Lord is the greatest...and that He let's us watch..partake...love as He would...share and remind others of His grace....."What?"....It is Amazing!

I am still loving on this young man.  He has not yet asked Jesus to be His Savior.  He sure sounds and acts like a young man that is on the cusp of responding to the Lord.   

Will you pray for him?

Have you ever known you must share your Faith in Christ with someone the Lord placed in your path?...So much so ...that you have an ache....(a really good ache..an excited ache...God is going to do it ache) ......I'm praying that you and I walk in boldness to share Christ at every turn.....That our hearts would ache for the lost...I asked the Lord to forgive me for not sharing more and responding to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to share more.  I can be guilty, in recent days, of only being bold with those who come through the doors of Lee Park.  I asked the Lord to forgive me of that too .

I hope you have the best day!
Becky:)

Blessed by the Lord's words  in the "Sermon on the Mount"....Matthew 5:14-16