Monday, October 3, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons: A Testimony of God's Power

Meet Jasmine!

I want to introduce her to you, but I am gonna let her tell her story in a series of blogs.  You are gonna love her like I do, her smile alone is reason enough.  She and her two sisters, Holly and Alex, are so dear to me.  That the Lord entrusted them to us at Lee Park is one of the greatest blessing.  All I will say is ...after her testimony it is impossible to not consider there is a God ...and He is so loving ...protecting ...pursuing ...and keeping!  Every time I have the blessing of being with this girls...I walk away saying "Only You, Lord!" 

Love you, Jazzy!

Becky 



My name is Jasmine. I live in a very rural part of North Carolina. I’ve been in the States close to 10 years, but was born in London, UK. I left London at the age of 11 and moved to Spain-- where I lived until the age of 18. I’ve had quite a journey getting to where I am today, a journey I would never have picked out for myself, but had I not traveled it, experienced it, I highly doubt I would know the true Lord and our Saviour, Jesus Christ. 

My life prior to surrendering to Christ, can be reduced to some of life’s sayings, such as; “When life throws you lemons, make lemonade…” or “What doesn’t kill you, will only make you stronger…” or “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me…” You get the picture.

I would like to add some scripture from The Bible…had these been plastered to my heart and soul as as a younger woman, a young girl, I’m sure I would have slept and awoken with a better sense of peace confidence, and hope;
Hebrews 11:3: By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible.
Romans 8:28: And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Please stick around to hear back from me! I have so much more to say; I will reveal my past…the people involved, the situation in which God intervened, and my life now as a believer…and as I tell myself sometimes, there by the Grace of God go I.

For all you busy working women, Tanya (my mum) and I are teaching a class this Fall and are thrilled to get a chance to fellowship, laugh and more importantly grow in our walk and development of our mind and spirit for the work of Christ. Bearing in mind we have to get up at 6am, feed the children, take them to school, go to work, (or in my case, no children…but still get up at 6am and go to school myself J ) we will be in and out in an hour. Time is precious and we won’t dedicate it to praying for sick toes and nasty looking scratches…if you know what I mean. 

Tanya and I both love to have fun, pick at each other (lovingly) and have true heart to heart “talks on the back porch” with a cup of good fresh coffee. Can’t wait to meet you all!!