Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Years Resolution



I heard someone recently on the radio who asked, “What is a New Years Resolution?” Their answer, “It's a to-do list for the first week of January.” How true, unfortunately, I am just as guilty in my quest to eat healthier, be more organized, and exercise--Ugh!  It all seems great for the first month, but something happens about 6 weeks in--that sense of determination becomes virtually non-existent as the winter months slowly creep by and I find myself hibernating along with all of nature. 

I wanted to share with you a resolution I made last year. I committed to reading through my Bible. Nothing has ever made such a difference in my life as spending time each day in God's Word. I was inspired and challenged by a precious friend and for that I am grateful. She not only encouraged me, but she graciously handed out Daily Reading Bibles. I was not the only one inspired, others took the challenge as well. We became accountable to one another, often discussing our daily readings and encouraging each other weekly. It was a time of learning and growing in our relationship with God. 

I completed my New Years Resolution on December 21, 2012. It was an amazing feeling.  I was overcome with emotions as I closed my Bible and bowed in prayer. I am in awe of God's Love for me.

I am on a quest this year to encourage and inspire other women. Do you want to know your Creator in an intimate way? Do you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus? Would you like for 2013 to be different? Take the challenge and step out in faith. I promise this will be the best resolution you have ever made and your best year ever. 

I'm praying for you and I love you sweet friends.
Psalm 25:5,  "Lead me in Your Truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation."

   Sharon York