Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Where are you going in 2013?




   While recently reading in Genesis 16, I was surprised at the words that seemed to leap right off the page into my mind and heart.  Actually, it hadn't been long since I had completed an in-depth study in this "Book of Beginnings."  I didn't really expect to "find" anything "new" as I read on this particular day (I can hear God laughing).
     Still there it was echoing with freshness, God's question to Hagar that found a new landing place right inside my heart:  "Hagar, Sarai's maid, 'Where have you come from and where are you going?' "  (Genesis 16:8)
      Somehow, I knew that the Holy Spirit was posing that same question to me.  With a brand new year beginning what an opportune time to reply by, glancing back in consideration, while looking forward with anticipation to where I wanted to be headed in 2013.
     Various thoughts and ideas came to mind as I personally pondered these two queries.  One thing is for certain:  I knew if I wanted to keep on keeping on in my walk with God, I needed to continually be "coming from something" while going "toward something else."  
      I also knew, without a doubt, part of that "something else" would be seeking to spend daily time in God's Word.  For that is, hands down, the paramount way God uses to bring about change in my life.   If you are like me, you probably see areas in your life that need transforming by a Savior that loves us too much to leave us the way we are. 
     Not only does the study of His Word bring about needed change in my life, but it grows me intimately more acquainted with the One who loves me beyond compare.  I have wrestled with many doubts in my spiritual life which were never totally settled until I got into a Ladies Bible study.  There, alongside other women that shared the same struggles as myself, I began to grow in my relationship with God.  I've found we all need each other and we all definitely need God's Word!
     So what a great time to invite you to join us for our Lee Park Ladies Bible Study. If you want to grow closer to Jesus in this upcoming year, I can promise you, your time will not be wasted. 
     You may even find yourself in the place all of us have been at one time or another.  Perhaps you are not sure if you are coming, going or even have a personal relationship with Jesus.  If so, I have some great news for you!  One of the many incredible things about God is that He meets you where you are.  In fact, when God posed His inquiry to Hagar, you might say she was in a "state of limbo."  Yet, God met her right in that very place.  He will meet you wherever you happen to be too.  So please think about coming to join us as we begin our new semester of studies....there will definitely be one that is just right for you.
     I know that as the year progresses, in order for me to remain focused, I will have to continue to ask myself, "Where am I going?"  But one answer I can give to God right now is, "Lord, I am going to Ladies Bible Study."  How about you? All our upcoming Ladies Bible Studies and descriptions are posted on our previous blog.  Please join us this coming Tuesday, January 15, for our Community Day Bible Study Kick-off. We begin at 7 p.m. with heavy appetizers and will have more information about all our studies offered!  See you there!
  --Mary Armstrong