Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year.....New You??

Hey!

It's my turn to talk to you! We have heard from those of you that love the blog, and our rotation of ladies to hear from. We are glad you are reading.....keep visiting and send your friends!

I can not believe that it is the year 2012, weren't we just worried about Y2K (and I am aging myself with that reference!) I love this time of year. I get the urge to get cleaned and organized. I know I am not the only one, just walk into Walmart or Target and see all the organizational stuff when you walk in! There is something about the New Year that gives us a chance for new beginnings.

I am not one to make resolutions....I like to say it is time to "get back on track." I am thankful that we serve a God that has mercies that are new for us each morning, Lamentations 3:22-23, instead of each year. The New Year just seems to be a great time to start something.....................new.

I know a lot of people start to read through the Bible in a year at this time, and we have some that we are buying One Year Bibles for this exact purpose. I have chosen to do the Bible in 90 Days this year, with the hope of reading the Bible a couple of times this year. It does seem odd to not even be a week into the year and be into Exodus already, after so many times of reading it other ways. Maybe your something new is just to begin reading the Bible, or to begin to study the Bible more in depth, but you don't know where to begin. Lee Park Ladies Ministry can help you.


I am happy to be co-teaching a Bible study class on Wednesday nights with Mary Armstrong and Sharon York. The class is called Blessed: A Journey Thru the Psalms. We are studying, you guessed it, the Psalms. It is a wonderful book of the Bible to learn to pray through, and to learn more about our relationship with God through. We would love to see you on Wednesday nights at 6:30 in room 301 at Lee Park.


It is time for Tuesday Community Day to begin again! January 17th is our sign-up day, at 9am and 7pm in the Family Life Center. It will be a time to learn about our most exciting semester yet! And it will not be one of these studies:



We are very excited to all be doing the same study together this time! This opportunity does not come along very often, and we are thrilled to have it now. We will be studying the new Beth Moore James study.




How do two hundred women study it all together? Well, for that answer, you have to come to Sign-Ups on Tuesday, January 17th at 9am or 7pm. We will begin the study on January 25th. It is a wonderful study on one of my favorite books of the Bible, with a new five level approach. What is a five level approach?.....guess what the answer is.......come to Sign-Ups! You know we will have food.....and coffee with fancy creamers!

Can I tell you for just a moment, that Bible study has changed my life. I am, thankfully, no longer the person I was seven years ago, because of the study and teaching of God's Word. My nerdiness found a home....God's Word.....see, take a look:

My heart found it's voice.....God's Word. My soul found it's solace.....God's Word. I know God and love Him deeply, through the study of His Word. I believe Him, trust Him, and worship Him.....because of His Word. Open it, read it, study it.....you will be changed.

If you have any questions, please comment and they will be answered. Or check the church website www.leeparkchurch.org

I will see you on January 17th,

Lisa