Monday, September 19, 2011

The Body of Christ

Hey Ladies! ( and Men that like ladies:)

We are going to be busy on the blog for the next two weeks introducing you to our Bible study teachers / facilitators for the Fall semester of Ladies Bible studies at Lee Park.  

Today, meet Sharon York .  Sharon is not a Lee Park church member but she has been a faithful member of Tuesday Community Bible study day at Lee Park for a few years.  I have had Sharon in many of my classes.  My only hesitation in asking Sharon to teach last year was that I knew I would miss having her in the study I was teaching ...Thankfully, the Lord doesn't let you get away with that kind of selfishness:).  Sharon is bold for the Lord.  She is a beautiful woman.  She is a godly wife and mother.  We have a lot of fun with Sharon.  We don't get much time with Sharon, but our love for the Word of God unites us.  We have been tempted many times to ask Sharon to come to Lee Park and yet again, the Lord does not let me get away with that selfish behavior either.  God is doing a mighty work in Union County and Sharon already attends a good church.  Now. If she were attending a bad church..We wouldn't hesitate:).........We love you, Sharon...Thank you for your testimony!
Becky:)

"For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the 
body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many."  1 Corinthians 12:12-14
  

That verse has always been dear to me. But in the last year it has taken on even more meaning. Why, you might wonder? 
I am a member of Unionville Baptist Church where my family and I have been for more than 5 years. In that time I have seen my daughter come to know the Lord, followed by my son, and then the Lord tenderly spoke to my husband and he gave his heart and life to Him as well. My husband serves on the Deacon Board and I teach a Ladies Sunday School Class. We love it there. 

And on Tuesdays, you will find me teaching Bible study at Lee Park. I have to say, I love Lee Park. I am as excited on Tuesdays to be at Lee Park as I am on Sundays and Wednesdays to be at Unionville. The reason is, I serve the same God no matter the church. As a matter of fact, God doesn't set us apart according to the church of which we are a member. He sees us as the body, one body with one purpose to worship and glorify Him. 

I believe that at Lee Park, Pastor Chris and Becky's vision goes much further than the walls of Lee Park. Their vision reaches a community, a city, and a world that needs the Light of Jesus. How do you reach a world for Jesus....one person at a time, loving them and discipling them until they are ready to be fishers of men and women themselves. I believe God has richly blessed their vision to see past a church. Although I am a member at another church, one thing remains the same....we love the same Jesus. Actually, He makes my heart smile. I love that about Him. I love the women who come to study His Word, they are all so different, each one unique, but with one purpose in mind...to know Him and to make Him known. One body, many members. All coming together to glorify Jesus. 


Your Sister In Christ, 
Sharon