Monday, September 26, 2011

Have You Read Your Bible Today?

Hey,  Everybody!!
Tomorrow is the day!  We are starting our thirteen Ladies Bible studies at Lee Park.    Sign-ups have been amazing.....the Lord does so many things in such a way that you are left with only one choice.... "Give HIM all praise and honor." Tomorrow's enrollment= "Give the Lord all praise and honor" !!!!!

I am praying for all our teachers/facilitators.  We have all ages teaching and all levels of years of faith in Christ Jesus.  I am of the big belief that leading/ facilitating a Ladies Bible study is something you don't have to wait to throw people into. All we need is a willing heart, a belief that God's Word provides every answer, a surrendered heart to Jesus and that you have finished two in depth Bible studies.  We don't have all the answers and we say "we don't know" when we don't ...and we take the question to the pastor. 

Today, meet one of our newest facilitators, Aleque James.  I love Aleque.  She and Kris Singleton will be leading the Kelly Minter, "Ruth" study.  They are both young and poke fun at this old woman.  They keep me youthful through smart, but funny text messages.  I love them both, and thank the Lord for their faithfulness to study God's Word.  Watching God firm up Aleque' resolve to trust His Word has brought great joy the last year...and was a great encouragement to my own faith.  Aleque and her husband, Stu, are expecting their second child.  Aleque is an optometrist running an office in Rock Hill.  She is very busy with her adorable son, Logan.....BUT yet she is teaching a Bible study!!!!!woohoo!!! I like that set of priorities :)

Thanks Aleque...I love you!

Becky 



Last year, a dear friend of mine, my pastor's wife,  gave me the "One Year Bible."  It was to help me establish a routine of reading my Bible daily, as well as gaining more application insight.  I've always had a Bible close to my reach throughout my life, but unfortunately not spent near as much time developing my understanding and love for God's Word as I should have.

After I was given this specific Bible last year, I committed to reading daily as well as finishing the Bible in one calendar year.  I cannot adequately express in words the magnitude that it has changed my life.  As I read daily, I am so often amazed at what a beautiful piece of work the Bible is and how awazing our Creator is as well.  God had an amazing plan even from the beginning... In every chapter of the Bible God is simply saying "I Love You".  The more I read, the more I realize I do not know.

There are so many wonderful stories of love, loss, forgiveness, redemption, and faithfulness from our ever-loving Father.  The amazing thing is that they are not just stories, they were real people in history, just like you and me.  I have learned more in the last year by spending intimate time in God's Word than I could have ever imagined that I did not know.  Having said that, I can now see what more there is to learn and that we will never know it all.  That's one amazing part of the personal relationship we have with God.  We can always strengthen our knowledge, love, and relationship, despite where we find ourselves.  There is always room for growth. I saw a great difference with this in my own life as I began to search and read the Bible consistently.

I encourage each of you to start somewhere and take a step in obedience by reading the Bible daily if you are not already.  I promise you will not regret this decision and God will honor your committment.  It will be worth it one day to be able to finish the Bible in a year, even if it takes until 11:00pm on December 31st as it did myself :) I cannot think of a better way to ring in the New Year!!!


If you are willing to take Aleque's challenge....to read the Bible in one year.....we would love to help you out. Just as Becky and the Ladies Ministry did for Aleque, we would love to do for you. Comment and let us know you want to accept the challenge, and we will get you a One Year Bible that takes the Bible and puts it in a one year reading plan for you, all in one place. Take the challenge, you'll be glad you did!
Lisa